Saturday 25 May 2013

Solution Of bbPress Error: You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page

Important: All scripts hosted on widcraft.googlecode.com don't work anymore because Google has blocked that SVN repository.

Earlier today, I tried to delete a forum from my bbPress, and before I could do so, it showed me following error with a white screen (maybe some grey too):

You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page

I was bit confused over this issues, so I tried to login again to my account. I'm not sure why this error is appearing. However, looks like a developer mode plugin is causing this error, atleast on my WP. I finally found a great and easy solution for this crazy error.

First of all, you can't blame Justin Bieber for this error, since he has nothing to do with your WordPress.

Solution:

First make sure that you are the current admin of your WP (not developer or anything). If it's still not working then try following:

Visit your WP plugin install page and install User Role Editor or you can download it by clicking here. Install and activate this plugin into your WordPress.

Now visit this plugin's settings page (in user menu) and click on reset button to reset all user's capabilities to default. Don't worry, you will not lose any user data. Now visit bbPress and get started with your forum.

Let me know if it worked for you, as this worked for me and lot of other users.
Important: Check our new website TricksPanda.com for WordPress tutorials, plugins and more.
 
Powered by Blogger.